Universities & Research Organisations – Key Drivers of Future Smart Cities
May 26 to July 21, 2020
Why are some cities hotspots for science and innovation and others aren’t? What will be the role of science in future cities after the Coronavirus pandemic? Are universities turning into mini Smart Cities?
The UK Science and Innovation Network Germany (SIN), the German U15, the Imperal College London and BABLE are organizing a series of events online. Leading experts from Germany and the UK will give insights to questions about the roles of universities, reseach and innovation in the future of urban areas.
The five-part series will explore the following topics:
- Tuesday, 26th May 2020: Post Corona Future
- Tuesday, 9th June 2020: Approaches to Transform Cities into Smart Urban Areas
- Tuesday, 23rd June 2020: Innovation Districts: Cities as Hotspots for Research and Innovation
- Tuesday, 7th July 2020: University Campus and Research Architectures of the Future – Are University Campuses Turning into Mini Smart Cities?
- Tuesday, 21st July 2020: Open Science, Open City, Open Society – Interactions between Science, City and Society
Participants can listen to short lectures, take part in the subsequent Q&A and get actively involved through the breakout sessions. All events will be held in English.
May 26 - July 21, 2020
8.30 – 11.00 GMT, 9.30 – 12.00 CET
The organizer is responsible for the contents of the event. Participation fees may apply.